Many companies claim to be leaders in the electronic payment processing arena. And while they are leaders, none are the leader. Ingenico is, in fact, the number one company when it comes secure electronic payment transactions (by market share). For more than 25 years, the company has been striving to provide products that are easy to use, and secure. Ingenico has a presence in 125 countries, and 15 million of its credit card machines are deployed across those countries.
Ingenico specializes in “customer intelligence”, bringing unique products and services to bear, and providing a basis for brand loyalty. Ingenico credit card machines can be used effectively by businesses across an array of industry, from retail to restaurant to financial services.
Ingenico offers a variety of services and payment solutions for a number of needs. There are business solutions and transaction solutions as well. Businesses can receive helpful service products and services, and they can track transactions and manage them easily. But it is in payment services that most businesses need. It is important for businesses to be able to handle a wide variety of transactions and accept a number of payment methods. Here are some of the payment solutions offered by Ingenico:
- Terminals: These are credit card terminals that allow you to process payments. Ingenico offers a wide range of products that can help you accept credit cards and debit cards – no matter where you are. These products include customer facing terminals, wireless credit card machines, PIN pads, PDAs and countertop terminals. Indeed, you can have access to payment no matter where you are, as long as you choose the right credit card terminal.
- Software: Ingenico develops and deploys software for a number of payment options. Indeed, it is possible to use standard options, or to have Ingenico help you customize software to fit your specific payment needs. Ingenico also makes software that is compatible with virtual terminals.
- Field services: Not only does Ingenico provide the products, but the company also services what you buy. You can receive support the entire life of your product, receiving upgrades and tweaks as you need it. Ingenico will install your equipment if needed, and help you maintain it.
Ingenico credit card payment terminals
There are a number of options when it comes to payment terminals from Ingenico. It is possible to enjoy a wide range of products, any of which might meet your needs. Some of the specialty terminals – in addition to standard countertop, customer facing and PIN pad credit card machines – include the following:
- Wireless: It is possible to instigate transactions without wires. Instead of plugging in your credit card machine, you can use the wireless method. This way your transactions go through in a number of ways, using your handheld device. This is ideal for those who collect money while making deliveries, those who travel with their business, attending shows and even providing the ability for diners to pay at the table in a restaurant.
- PDA: You don’t need to get a wireless credit card terminal; you can use a PDA to manage your transactions and take payment. This is very convenient for a number of reasons, not the least the fact that you can put other business related items on the PDA. You can integrate your payment processing with inventory and shipping as needed.
- Unattended: It is becoming more popular to have unattended credit card terminals. This is because it makes things easier and more convenient for customers and retailers alike. Grocery stores are the most common businesses that use unattended terminals for self check-out. However, copy centers and other businesses might find these systems beneficial.
- Signature capture: Instead of printing out a separate slip for the customer to sign, signature capture terminals are becoming more popular. Your customers can sign on the machine itself, and the signature is captured and used for authorization.
There are a number of Ingenico options, ranging in price from $150 to more than $1,000. You can get low priced Ingenico credit card machines when you buy used or refurbished terminals Additionally, some merchant account providers will give you a discount on your terminal if you have an account with them. Models with more features tend to cost more. Before you decide on what to get, consider your needs. Every business is different, and you want to make sure that you are getting the right terminal for your business - for the right price.